|Job Title:||District Development Manager (DDM)||Job Category:||Retail|
|Location:||Field||Position Type:||Full Time|
Operates assigned areas efficiently and profitably. Ensures the labor hours, on site engagement, and 24/7 availability of all Business Unit Managers in the assigned district. Ensures the cleanliness, customer service, and administration for all of the stores in the district. Recruits, selects, trains and develops Managers, Business Unit. Achieves district goals and objectives in the areas of revenues, return on investments, expenses, merchandising, margins, controls and image.
- Assures daily cleanliness and focused engagement for all stores and MBUs. Ensures all image program standards are met.
- Assures qualified/optimum staffing at assigned business units to include recruiting, training and development of all district personnel. Controls turnover and labor hours.
- Ensures motor fuel and merchandise volumes and margins objectives are achieved. Recommends modifications to competitive posture.
- Monitors and reports competitive activity (i.e. price surveys) and communicates significant changes such as building activity, pricing, and methods of operation.
- Monitors and interprets district profit/loss statements, break even, safety, accounts receivable runs, capital expenditure budgets to ensure accuracy/ profit maximization.
- Assures proper and timely handling of accounting and administrative functions and procedures, in particular, Human Resources requirements. Monitors sales, cash, inventory control, SOE, governmental compliance and maintenance standards.
- Implements pricing strategies and tactics, analyzes data (i.e. competitors’ merchandise and gasoline prices)/ makes recommendations to ensure district goals are realized.
- Business counsels direct reports to jointly implement and support current marketing, EEO/Wage & Hour guidelines. Insures environmental compliance.
- Promotes management principles of motivating, reviewing progress, praise, counseling, holding accountable, recognizing performance, etc.
- Accountability of MBUs and every facet of the stores within the assigned district..
- Image, inventory turns and control, cash control, etc.
- Development of personal skills & those of assigned personnel; control of District turnover.
- Protection of company assets, safety record, Workers Compensation expense.
- Adherence to company code of conducts and all guidelines and procedures.
Anyone you need to get to take care of the problem or issue, then ensuring appropriate lateral and up/down communication of steps taken is communicated!
E.JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business management or an equivalent combination of education and industry work experience.
- Minimum of three years store level and supervisory and/or retail management experience.
- Good analytical and oral/written communication skills are required! Must be able to deal with others well.
- Intermediate personal computer skills require!
- 24/7 availability and work ethic. Position requires 100% focus and attention. Ability and willingness to travel when needed. Periodic requirements to attend meetings and stays outside the district for business purposes (i.e. meetings, etc).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.