|Job Title:||Staff Accountant||Job Category:||Accounting / Finance|
|Department/Group:||Accounting / Finance||Travel Required:||No|
|Location:||Office Store Support||Position Type:||Full Time|
Supervisor: Accounting Manager
- Daily and weekly balancing of cash.
- Maintaining document retention files for all departments.
- Coordinating approval process of all accounts payable invoices via department heads.
- Coordinating and inputting payables into PS, batch summary report balancing and submission for approval, verification, GM approval and posting by Business Manager (BM).
- Processing all payables for imaging via MG Shared Services.
- Maintaining open and paid vendor files.
- Coordinating new vendor setup.
- Reconciling vendor statements and handling payment complaints or discrepancies.
- Preparing daily deposits and cash reports and taking deposit to the bank.
- Reviewing all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure and classification. Reporting any variances to BM.
- Working closely with AR/payroll clerk to assure the accuracy of payroll, billing and all corresponding journal entries.
- Performing monthly bank reconciliation for depository account.
- Making month-end standard journal entries, including amortization of all prepaid assets.
- Reviewing periodically during the month the general ledger for input accuracy and verifying that accounts have been reviewed for content.
- Completing cash reconciliation and intercompany balancing report.
- Reviewing outstanding check log for possible abandoned checks.
- Maintaining station current and expired contract files.
- Preparing month-end payroll journal entry balancing with media general intercompany entries.
- Running all required month-end reports and files according to document retention guidelines
- Putting together GL book each month with required backup and signatures.
- Preparing Use Tax Report on a monthly basis and maintaining schedule of taxable use tax items.
- Preparing Accounts Receivable Report detailing all past dues and balancing GL to AR.
- Preparing month-end balance sheet review and reconciling any differences with BM.
- Preparing Month-End Capital Cash Flow and PPE Statement.
- Reconciling capital expenditures per COR’s.
- Reviewing and reconciling petty cash vouchers to administrative assistant’s reconciliation, replenishing petty cash on an as needed basis.
- Responding to inquiries from GM and department head regarding expenses, budgets, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.